I’ve been tagged on Instagram quite a few times over the last wee while to share 20 facts about me! Firstly apologies to all those who tagged me, I did not mean to appear rude by not sharing but things have just been a bit hectic!
I’m definitely a bit late to the game with this one but some of you may also have noticed that my poor blog has been severely neglected so I thought this would be a good post to get me back on the blogging band wagon again!
If you are a new reader I hope this gives you a little insight into my world, and for those of you who have been here a while maybe you will find out something new!
So here goes…….
- I am married to Chris and we have one daughter, Hannah, and another little poppet on the way. (Growing Baby Beale number two has proved quite tiring!)
- Chris and I got engaged at the top of a lighthouse and we were married 1000 days after our first date!
- It’s a very rare occasion that I don’t speak to my mum everyday! (sometimes several times!) If for some reason we don’t speak we will always have sent text messages!
- Family is everything, enough said!
- My nanny (maternal grandmother) was like my second mum, I learnt how to cook, bake and be creative from her as well as my mum. I learnt how to knit when I was four, simply because I constantly pestered my mum!
- I love all sorts of creativity from baking, cake decorating, knitting, sewing, crochet, upcycling, the list is endless but there’s just not enough hours in the day anymore!
- I grew up in the countryside outside Portadown and thought I’d always live there but work and marriage lead me to live by the sea in Bangor!
- Age…… I rarely discuss my age, but just for the record I am 30 something! Oh, and my husband is my toyboy!
- I joined the airport fire service ten years ago and I’m a crew commander, I’m also the only female on station but that doesn’t bother me.
- We moved into our first home when I was 8 weeks pregnant, it needed a new kitchen, new bathroom and central heating system, two and a half years on it is still very much a work in progress!
- My husband and I both love books, we have endless books in our home and Hannah’s collection is growing rapidly too, I just can’t resist buying her new ones!
- I love flowers and would always have loved to do a floristry course, maybe some day!
- I am fiercely independent and would often rather do something myself than wait for someone to help me.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to tea and coffee, my first sentence was ‘tup of tea mummy’, need I say more!
- I was a Brownie leader for 18 years, I still regret taking a break and not getting back to it, I will no doubt go back to Girlguiding when Hannah is old enough to be a Rainbow.
- I am dreadfully sarcastic and sometimes the only answer you will get from me is a roll of the eyes!
- I am neither a morning person or a night owl, I think years of shift work always leaves me wanting more sleep.
- I love FOOD…… sweet, savoury, anything really and I love to try new things. But don’t ever give me baked beans or brown sauce!
- I’m a bit of a perfectionist, and I’m always first to criticise my own work. I constantly put myself under pressure to have everything perfect but with a toddler in tow sometimes things really do have to give.
- I’m often a bit of a people pleaser but I’m learning that I can’t change how other people behave towards me or my family, I can only be myself. So for the sake of my sanity they can just rock on!!
If you are still reading thank you so much for sticking with me!